Labels

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wrapped Asparagus

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10638589/?claim=7qjy5uzfyw3">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

I love Asparagus.  I can eat it cooked just about any way possible.  I've been wanting to try baked or sauteed Asparagus over a poached egg then drizzled with Hollandaise sauce (a sauce which I haven't quite yet been able to master,) or bacon wrapped Asparagus.  Bacon wrapped was the winner this weekend.  It was really simple.  The hardest part was actually waiting for the things to bake!  But it was so worth the wait.  We had them with hamburgers fresh off my hubby's grill.  Actually, I didn't start the prep soon enough and ended up having them as an after dinner appetizer.

1.  For prep, preheat over to 400 degrees F. For the Asparagus just rinse under cold water then snap off the ends.  There will be a natural snap off point, so don't worry about how far up to snap off the end.
2.  Next, lay the Asparagus out on a plate and drizzle it with Italian Dressing.  I like Kraft's salad dressings.
3. This next part will be a little messy, but who doesn't like to get your hands a little dirty?  I took and wrapped 5 stalks of Asparagus in each piece of bacon to form a little bundle.  Then sprinkled on a little ground black pepper.
4. Pop these babies in the oven for about 30 minutes and voila!
For those of you who aren't really Asparagus fans, you can't really taste the Asparagus flavor when you're done.  All I could taste was bacon and Italian dressing flavors along with a little char from the oven.  Delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment