Labels

Saturday, September 14, 2013

What's on My Bookshelf

I love books.  L.O.V.E.  A perfect Fall or Winter evening would entail curling up in a comfy chair, a mug of coffee or hot chocolate or cider by my side, puppy curled up on my lap under a blanket draped over us and a nice juicy book in my hand.  Ah...
    I was in a cleaning and organizing mode last night until midnight.  I went through all of my books and made a pile of ones to sell, and organized the ones I wanted to keep.  Here's a glimpse of what's in my part of the book cases.
{A few of my favorite book series. (I still haven't managed to get my hand on all of the HP books my my collection, but between Mama, Sister and myself we have all of them.)}

{A few single books, including :Stephanie Meyers The Host, Jean M. Auel's The Clan of the Cave Bear, which is actually part of a series I have yet to get the rest of; Eva Ibbotson's books; anything Tamora Pierce; and yeah, yeah, some Nora Roberts. (My guilty pleasure.)}

{Of course, a big Star Wars fan, I am.  There's a few in these series that I'm missing, but I grew up on them.  My group of friends and I were fans of the books about Jacen and Jaina Solo.  (For those of you that don't know, those are two of Han and Leia's kids, along with their younger brother, Anakin.)  Such good books.  The later series, Legacy of  the Force by varied authors turns more serious as you find out what happened to Anakin, Han and Leia are on the run from the federation and Jacen and Jaina have both grown up.  One of the twins goes through the same struggle as his grandfather with the dark side, which breaks my heart!  He grew up from the animal loving, lame joke cracking teenager into a serious, family sacrificing Jedi soldier.}

{As if my Star Wars nerding out wasn't enough, I also like  the Twilight series, also by the aforementioned Stephanie Meyer.  Yeah, yeah, they're teenie bopper books, but I just want it to be clear that I liked them before the big craze hit!  Just so you know...}

What are on y'all's bookshelves?  What are some of your favorite books?

No comments:

Post a Comment