Fall is in the air. We've had such great weather this past week. I've been able to wear scarves two days this week! I want to celebrate this cool weather by sharing a delicious make at home PSL recipe! It tastes just like Starbucks', though not as strong. But that's okay by me. I always thought Starbucks' coffee was a little strong anyway. But this recipe is sure to please the die hards and the PSL newbies. It contains all the usual suspects: clove, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and pumpkin. I'll let y'all decide how close it comes to the real deal. In my opinion, it tastes better. Plus it's a fraction of the cost! It just takes about 10 minutes to make if you're good at multitasking. I had the coffee brewing while the syrup mixture heated up. When the mixture was almost done, I started heating up the milk for the 'latte'.
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar (I only used 1/2 cup of Splenda and it still turned out perfectly!)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
4 heaping tbsp pumpkin puree (My favorite part!)
1.Combine all ingredients in pot.
2. Over medium heat, stir ingredients until sugar has fully dissolved.
3. Continue heating for 5-6 minutes, but do not let boil.
4. Remove from heat and pour through fine mesh strainer.
5. Inhale the delicious fall smells emanating from the steaming pot.
6. Store in airtight container(s).
Like me, if you don't have an espresso machine there's an easy way to make a latte-like drink.
1. Brew a strong strong pot of coffee.
2. While coffee is brewing, heat a pan of milk over the stove. Don't let it boil either or it could scorch.
3. After the milk is heated through, take a small whisk and whisk it up to incorporate those little air bubbles.
4. Pour PSL syrup into cup of coffee, then the frothy milk. Ah...
5. Sit back and relax with your favorite book, absorbing the nice crisp mornings.