Labels

Friday, November 8, 2013

Owl Always Love You





Happy Friday!!  I've been waiting all week to wear this outfit.  Fridays are jeans days at work. The tank top is one of the ones I got on mega sale from the LOFT.  It was one I got the same day I got the pink shirt from a couple of posts ago.  It was after a stressful morning of trying to get out of downtown after dress rehearsal while the Tulsa Run was going on.  Every way was blocked!  I called my husband, frustrated.  He had his handy dandy map pulled up and was trying to help me get out but everywhere I turned was barricaded.  It was rough.  Tears were shed, steering wheel pounded.  It was not one of my prouder moments.  All I wanted to do was to get from point A to point B as easy as possible.  Of course, all of the 'east as possible' routes were blocked.  I had to go WAY out of my way to get out and around and to the LOFT where my mom and a friend were waiting.  Actually, they were already there and I just invited myself along.  That was before I knew it was going to take forever to get there.  And once there, in the presence of Mama and her friend Marianne, I could relax.  And buy things.  I got a cute blue dress, two tops and a necklace.  All under $40!  Like I said, things were on mega sale.
 
    Once you buy things on mega sale, it's hard to go back to buying full priced items.  I hardly buy full priced clothing any more.  I'm a sale girl through and through.  And there's nothing wrong with saving a buck or $20 here and there.

  The owl necklace was a Christmas present from a roommate in college.  It's funny.  She and I got each other the same necklace, but she gave me a gold one and I gave her a silver one.  Win-win situation!  That same year, and from the same group of roommates I also got another owl necklace, a wooden owl totem pole (which is really cool and unique!  I'll have to post about it sometime...) and an owl t-shirt.  Hmmm One would think I like owls or something...though 'like' might be a slight understatement.  Our guestroom is decorated in owls.

  The earrings.  Yes, those are .22 caliber shells.  Made by my honey.  Who crafted all of those metal links himself and put them all together.  Gifted them to me in a little green jewelry box.  They were the icing on the top for my Steam Punk costume that year.  I have loved them and worn them ever since.  Such a crafty Husband.

  Thank you for stopping in!  I hope you all have a fun, fashionable and crafty weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment