Hello, Friday!! Friday is once again upon us! That glorious day where you count down the hours until you are free from work for 80 hours. Or if you get off at 5:30, like I do, 79.5 hours. This weekend, Hubby and I are going to be visiting his grandmother in Wichita. We're looking forward to the trip. I don't think we have seen her since Christmas!! It will be a wonderful, long overdue visit.
To help make your weekend a little more relaxing, I am sharing one of my favorite recipes that I found on Pinterest months and months ago and have loved ever since. This will be one of the easiest meals you will have ever made. I promise! Throw these three ingredients in your croc pot then, as the infomercial says "set it and forget it!" These Shredded Chicken Tacos are easy and delicious. These make a great meal for working wifeys (or husbands that are the cooks,) or busy mothers. It takes 4-6 or 6-8 hours to cook, (which means 4-6 hours to dance around the hou-I mean clean around the house, or craft, or antique, or play with puppy, or any number of productive time passing things!), depending on which setting you use. It's a good hot meal perfect for the approaching cooler weather. I hope you enjoy!
4-6 fresh or thawed chicken breasts
1 jar salsa (Depending on the size of the jar, I can usually get away with just using half.)
1 packet taco seasoning
Favorite taco fixins (lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes...)
1. Place thawed chicken breasts in bottom of croc pot. Pour salsa over them along with taco seasoning. Mix it up real well and make sure all of the chicken is coated.
2. Set it and forget it! 4-6 hours on high setting (mine is always done in 4,) 6-8 on low setting.
3. By the time the chicken is ready, it'll just fall apart when you go to shred it with a fork. Heck, it will be so tender that it will probably start shredding itself when it senses that the fork is near.
4. Pile the chicken, along with all your favorite fixins on the warmed up tortillas and enjoy!
5. Be prepared to accept the numerous praise that this meal will bring you. It's so easy and delicious! Not to mention it makes your house smell good as well, as if you've been slaving over a hot stove all day. Mm-mm!