Labels

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Open Season








Tulsa Oratorio Chorus (of which I am a member), and led by Dr. Tim Sharp held its first concert (joint with Tulsa Symphony) of the season this weekend.  Mortality Set to Music contained music from Saint-Saëns, Ravel, and Fauré. The showcase piece was Saint-Saëns Requiem.  It was beautiful! The sounds in First Presbyterian have gorgeous overtones that helped lend to the eeriness of the last work of the evening.  The soloists were amazing and talented.  During rehearsal, I once got lost in listening to them and forgot to come in!  After dress rehearsal the morning of we were detained getting to our cars by the Tulsa Run.  That led to a very frustrated attempt to leave downtown and go shopping! (I won't even get into the hysterics in which I broke out to Husband.) But I am glad so many people were running it, as I hope to do maybe next year!


Have a blessed Sunday!  This is the day that the Lord hath made.  Take a moment to think of all that God has done for you and thank Him.  I know I wouldn't be where I am nor who I am today without Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment