Labels

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream

    I apologize for the infrequent posts lately.  It seems as soon as I had a schedule in mind, life went and got busy and prevented me from putting as much attention into this as I'd wanted.  But now that the rehearsals and opera are over, I promise I'm going to try and get back on track!!
    To get back in the swing of things, I'm going to start with a simple recipe for Peanut Banana Ice Cream!  I was a little skeptical at first as to how this would turn out.  It turned out to be really delicious!!  It's super easy and super fast to make!   The step that takes the longest is freezing the bananas.

You will need:
3-4 bananas (for a single serving I just used 2)
1 sppon of peanut butter
1 tbsp cocoa powder
Sugar for sweetness (optional, but my Hubby wanted it a little sweeter.)

Put bananas in food processor and blend until smooth.  It'll be a little rough sounding at first, but once they start to smooth, it'll be smooth sailing from there.

Next add the peanut butter and mix until well blended.  Then the cocoa powder.


Yum!!  It starts off with kind of a Wendy's Frosty consistency, then as it warms up a littl bit, it because even smoother, a little softer than a custard consistency.

All in all it was a good little recipe to try.  It is definitely one I will be trying again.  Maybe even adding another fruit mix in there to add more flavor.  If only the weather would hurry and warm up already!  Summer starts in just a few short weeks.  I reckon this will be the coldest birthday I will have ever had.  (It's in just 2 days, thanks for asking!!)

1 comment:

  1. I don't have facebook so I'll let the world know here...Happy Birthday Sarah!!!

    http://shurayahsunshine.blogspot.com/2013/05/happy-birthday-sarah.html

    ReplyDelete