Labels

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hidden Things

We came accross some interesting things hidden in our backyard this past week.  We have a tree that's outside of our sun room, with leafy branches partially obscuring our view to the south.  Hubby pointed out to me a beautiful thing in the middle of it, hidden behind its shade.  A single rose.  A beautiful, thriving single rose.  It even smelled wonderful.  I was amazed.  Apparently there is a small rosebush behind this tree.  It almost makes me want to cut it down so we can give the rosebush more room to grow.  But then, if we cut it down we won't have any shade or shield on that side of the house.  So for now it sits in its protective cove between the tree and the house. 
Then, as my eyes were traveling along the ground, (yes, I sometimes walk looking at the ground.  You never know what you're going to find!) and lo and behold Hubby points out some wild strawberies growing all along the base of our AC unit.  Upon further inspection, they actually grew all along the base of our house in that back corner.  Pretty neat!  I might have to see if I can harvest some to eat later...that is if they are supposed to be edible.


We had a baby shower for my cousin who is due to have her baby any day now!  This will be their second.  We are so excited to welcome a new precious little face into the world.  Pictured above are one of my summer favorites!  Pineapple Cream Cheese Sandwiches.  Our family in North Carolina make them every year to bring to the family reunion, so these simple sandwiches ccontain a lot of memories.

                               [Baby Shower food!]

Hardy har har.  I tried cutting my own bangs over the weekend.  I think they look a little better now.  I'll have to include an updated picture later.  I had no idea what I was doing, but I had to try!  Lesson learned: don't squish down bangs to cut them; they'll just spring right back up to be waay shorter than intended.  I'm okay with them now.  They should be the perfect length in about a week or so since my hair grows so quickly!
 
  All in all it was a productive and relaxing weekend.  Got to spend time with family, cleaned the house, ate, ate, ate, and have made progress in a huge plan that Huby and I have brewing.  More to come on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment