Labels

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Refreshing Summer Poppyseed Salad

My friend, Shurayah and I love eating at a Jenks restaurant called Sushi Hana.  We get a roll called the Summer Roll.  A delicious roll with salmon, mango, cream cheese, with a thin slice of avocado and strawberry, drizzled in a creamy poppyseed dressing.  It's so refreshing! This salad is my version of that delicious roll without the $16 price tag.




I bought a head of green lettuce to cut up. It's cheaper than a bag of salad, only $1.49! It lasted me for a good 3-4 salads for 4 days at work. 


Feeling extravagant, I cut up a whole avocado into cubes to put on the salad.

Sliced up Strawberries and put in shredded carrots.

Then drizzle on the dressing.  Delicious and refreshing.  To make sure everything was nicely mixed and evenly coated, (I'm a big fan of evenly dressing coated lettuce leaves,) I put the lid back on it when I was ready to eat it and shook the dickens out of it!  Voila!!  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment