Labels

Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend!

This weekend was a wonderful weekend filled with friends, laughter, fun and food!  Two of my best friends from Edmond came into town Friday night and stayed through Saturday evening. 

Friday, I went home at lunch to start dinner for our Mexican dinner evening.  Let me just say that I am in love with my crockpot.  It makes making meals so easy so that all I have to do when I get home fromwork is stir and serve.  Friday, all I had to do was put 6 dethawed chicken breasts, 1 jar of salsa and a packet of taco seasoning in the crockpot and let it cook on low setting for 4-6 hours.  When everyone got there, bam! chicken tacos!  We then had a raccuous game of dominoes til midnight! (Which was 3-4 hours past my normal bedtime. But friends are worth it!)

We visitedthe Jenks Aquarium and came across all sorts of interesting creatures.  Here's a giant Eel that peek-a-booed out of his hole for us.

My personal favorite, the mini jellyfish!!!  I just wat to be able to scoop up a handfull and takethem home with me.  "I shall call you Squishy and you shall be mine.  You will be my Squishy!"  Findging Nemo, anyone??

We got to walk under the shark tunnel!!  It also had very good accoustics.
And of course, what trip to Tulsa is complete without a trip to the Center of the Universe?!  Lizzy was very amazed at what happens with your voice when you stand in the middle of that little concrete circle.


And then we finished off the Tulsa tour with Ollie's Restaurant and Train Museum on the oldroute 66 in Redfork.  They have delicious homecooked meals with amazing prices.  I got my favorite Monte Cristo sandwich for just $6.99!  They have trains that run on tracks all aroundthe restaurant.  They're a little loud, but it's a really fun and different environment. 
    It was hard to say good bye to them when they left.  We of course had to sit around the piano for a while and harmonize and sing some reminiscent chamber choir pieces.  All in all, it was a good visit full of people I love enjoying one another's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment