Labels

Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Such a fun and eventful weekend.  At least the first part of Saturday boasted beautiful weather.  Enough for a small, unexpected sunburn!

  First up is a homemade Chicken Alfredo and Spinach pizza!  That was my experimental cooking of the day.  And very easy!  It was a nice and refreshing.  A quick meal after a warm morning at the dog park.


I wore my new weiner dog shirt for the dog park outing.  It was warm and sunny and Bandit had a blast!  We let him in the big dog park for the first time and hea actually played with a few of the bigger dogs.  Of course, he would run right back to Mama and Daddy every 5 seconds.  I have to admit though, I'm kind of glad he still clings to and depends on us while outside.  It's a good feeling to know how much he loves and trusts us and feels protected by us.  He is so precious to us.


It took such a long time, and some support from MY Mama to actually go down into our storm shelter for my first time since we moved into the house in February of 2012.  It was covered in grass and spiderwebs and was in dire need of a thourough cleaning before we actually might need to use it during tonado season coming up.  I will admit that I did as much vacuuming with the shop vac as I could, using the hose and extension to reach the steps and all around the door.  Luckily, I only found one live spider.  Mama was so sweet and went down in there to sweep up the bits I couldn't reach.  I figured if Mama could do it, then so could I.  This is the semi end result!


And to finish the Saturday, an early St. Patrick's day celebration in Tulsa's Blue Dome District.  There were tons of people, and tons of beer!  There were tents, tables, beads, beer, amazing smelling food, smoke, loud music and tons of people.  It was a lot of fun.  We got to spend time with some friends we hadn't seen in a while, which made for a good time had by all.  The only thing that could have made it better was warmer weather. 

The weekend was capped off by a delicious Irsh Sunday dinner at Grandma's.  Corned beef and cabbage, potatoes, carrots, green beans, nd salad.  Dessert of a chocolate sauce and marshmellow cake with ice cream.  Bottom line?  Sunday was used as a nap day.  And back to work on Monday we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment