Labels

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

From Trash to Treasure

This evening was a good evening. I went and had dinner with my parents at Mexicali Border in downtown Tulsa. Their guacamole was amazing! The company even better. After dinner, Dad took us to this new coffee place in Tulsa that opened about a month ago. It's on 11th street, close to Lewis. It had a really neat modern/art deco interior.


Another treat came on the way home from the coffeehouse. We were passing by a house in my parents neighborhood when I saw a bunch of old windows leaning up against a tree in someone's yard. I had my dad go up with me to the person's door to inquire about them. It was a very nice older lady that answered the door. Seems they'd recently replaced the original windows on the house and she'd been hoping someone would take them. It was my lucky day!! It was another story getting Hubby to drive over with his truck since a couple of them were too wide to fit in Mama's SUV. I'm not entirely sure what I'll use them for yet, but I'm certain I'll find something wonderful to use them for. They're over 60 years old!

2 comments:

  1. You should give one to a girl I know. Her name is Paige.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...there might be a large one that has not yet been spoken for. I have plans for 2 of them.

    ReplyDelete