Labels

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Fall's Just Around the Corner

You might have noticed already, but Fall is my favorite time of year! Filled with crisp autumn mornings complemented with a nice cup of coffee, cool evenings with hot apple cider, weekends going to the pumpkin patch and fall festivals, carving pumpkins, eating candy corn, candy corn kisses, pumpkin pie, I could go on and on. I wanted to start a little early this year. Say hello to my latest craft project. I've been collecting old bottles to decorate in every way imaginable. This is my fall version that I hope to make more of and eventually sell in sets at a flea market booth. They were really easy to make once I figured out the right kind of glue to use to help secure the string, yarn or jute cord.
Below is a compilation of all the materials and tools I used. Yarn, jute cord, assorted colors of felt, rubber cement to secure the cord around the trickier parts of the bottle, sharpie (to trace out the felt letters,) and scissors.


I've started putting out a couple of fall decoration s little by little.  I can't help it, I'm obsessed!!  But I promise not to put out too many decorations before September 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment