Labels

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Frisco

This weekend was a blast. One of mine and my sister Rachel's Christmas presents from our parents was a shopping trip to Frisco, Texas. Our main stops were Sam Moon (a giant accessories and jewelry store), Ikea (I could spend all day in the Swedish splendor), and the Container Store (which was full of every kind of organizational gadget and gizmo you could imagine). I went with Mom, Grandma, and sister Rachel.

    We headed down early Saturday morning at the wee hour of 7am. (Hey, that's early for a weekend!) our first excitement of the trip happened no further than Kiowa, OK. Where a very friendly policeman pulled us over. Apparently we had missed two speed limit signs tellin us that the speed was in fact 40mph, instead of our 50. He was super sweet and let us off with a verbal warning. A semi had actually blocked our views of the signs. We weren't intentionally speeding. He had hoped that that would serve as a lesson to someone who might not have gotten then license yet. Me. But sorry to disappoint him that I was indeed 26, not 12.

    We of course ate at the famous In-n-Out Burger for lunch, and at delicious Mama Rita's for dinner. All in all it was a good trip. We got to visit a couple of family members in Plano, Texas which was nice. (My grandma's late husband's brother and sister in law. So my great aunt and uncle?) It was an enjoyable visit that my sister and I appreciated very much. Thank you Mama and Grandma for such a great trip!!



Starbucks earrings from Sam Moon.  Something I wish I would have gotten!  But we all got some pretty great stuff!



And of course, a trip to In-N-Out Burger wasn't complete without one of their awesome hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment