Labels

Sunday, July 28, 2013

The New Mrs.

    This past weekend I had a blessed opportunity to be a part of one of my dear friends, Sarah's wedding.  It was a perfect day!  It was full of music and everything that was so suited to Sarah.  The family and bridal party walked down the aisle to the introductory song from Pixar's UP.  The rest of  the music was smooth jazz. She was such a beautiful bride.  I couldn't be more happy for her.  By now, the new Mr. and Mrs. Spurrier are probably enjoying themselves in Florida on their honeymoon!  It was an extra special experience to sing David Child's Where Your Barefoot Walks with some of my best friends.  It was made extra special by the fact that it was the same song they sang at my wedding also.  Sarah wanted to carry on the tradition and I loved it.

    Their reception was vintage carnival themed, with large metal tubs of popcorn to scoop into little brown paper bags, garlands of burlap, an iPad photobooth, and a caricature artist.  One of the most unique things that I have never seen before was a s'mores bar.  It was delicious!  There were all the fixins, such as three different kinds of graham crackers, chocolate bars, and marshmallows.  Wooden skewers were provided to roast the marshmallows over a display of little bunson burners.  CONGRATULATIONS, MR. AND MRS. THOMAS SPURRIER!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment