Labels

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

McNellie's with the TOCCD's!

I hope everyone survived the storms last night!  Insurance has declared Tulsa storms a catastrophe.  Huge trees are down everywhere, power is out, powerlines down.  It looks like a war zone wherever you drive.  Hubby and I were woken up around midnight to the sound of torential rain and severe winds.  I thought a tornado was outside our house for sure!  Flash flood warnings were going off on our phones...I don't even have weather alerts set to go off!  But we all survived.  Hubby had to manually open the garage door to let me get to work this morning.  I am so thankful that he got to go into work late today.  Otherwise I would probably still be at home trying to figure out how to get the door open...
    In other news I had a lovely time last night with some of the ladies from Tulsa Oratorio Chorus. (I'll let you all guess what the extra C and D stand for...)  We went to the new McNellie's at 71st and Yale.  But before I went there, I willeda little time after work at this fantastic market called The Fresh Market.  It had so many good things to look at, smell and taste!  Fresh fruit and veggies, coffee to sample (plus tons and tons of flavors to choose from, including Red Velvet!), oodles of types of candy,  and so many more things!  A nut and granola bar, a snackies bar, seafood bar, fresh meats...etc!  Anyway, back to McNellie's!
  
   Pictured right is what if called a Flight.  I had never had nor heard of before.  I got The Wheat is On Flight.  It's a shot sized sample of 5 different beers.  You start at the top and drink them in a clockwise order.  I didn't taste one that I didn't like.  They were all so good!  I included a list below.  Someone before me had gonethrough and checked which ones they liked and didn't like.  I think the Boulevard 80-Acre Hoppy Wheat was my favorite.  It was very light and easy, pleasing to the tastebuds and very refreshing and springy, yet super flavorful.  the Marshall Sundown Wheat was really good too.  And of course, I couldn't resist reading out loud the last two beers on the list.  All together now "Weihenstephaner Kristallweissbier."


This was such a delicious Chrgrilled burger!  Super flavorful and super good!  It was a perfect combo with the beer flight.  It only took me a few tries to settle on what I wanted.  I at first had looked at a menu online before I went and decided on the Balsamic Chicken Sandwich.  One atthe restaurant, I thought psh, I can make that at home, give me some fish and chips!  Then the Char burger was calling my name.  Much to being made fun of, I changed my order a second time.  I wasn't about to try to go back and add cheese onto it after I'd already ordered.  I'm a woman, at a table full of women, having had our order taken by a woman.  They should aaallll understand how women are. 
    It was a good dinner time, filled with lots of laughter, chatter and ideas.  I am so blessed to be a part of such a great group of people!!  Choir rehearsals start back up September 9th.  I can hardlywait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment