Labels

Friday, April 5, 2013

Nautical Neavitt

I have grown up going to either Florida or North Carolina every other summer.  The past few summers it has been North Carolina.  We always visit family in Laurinburgh and Raleigh.  We also visit Wilmington.  Wilmington, NC has to be one of my most favorite places to visit.  It's full of ghost stories, neat stores, the BEACH and delicious seafood restaurants.  The oceanside part of it has such a nautical feel to it, as does the downtown area.  Bottom line, I love nautical things.  My outfit today was nautical inspired.  I had actually planned on bwearing my white and navy blue striped shirt that I hadn't worn in a few long months.  But come the day I wanted to wear it again, it went missing! *gasp* So I had my back up stripey shirt.  It's made up such soft fabric, as is my velvety jacket.



The shirt is from Old Navy. (They have such great basic tees in a huge variety of colors.)  The jacket is a thrift store find by my wonderful Mama.  Jeans and boots are both from Targe, which is always hard to leave without finding something to buy!
(I tried to be artful in posing.  but you know that your mind's eye sees something totally different from the eye eyes.  In my mind's eye, I was looking pensively off in the distance with a slight sile on my face.  In the eye eyes, I am standing there awkwardly staring atthe wall, pondering "hmmm, is that a fly way up there?" In my mind's eye, I was posing a little more gracefully!


I don't know what I was trying to accomplish here.  "Eh, step rright up, step rright up.  I have such a fine array of looted watches and pretty bobbles to choose frroom.  You no believe me?  Step closer, I show you."  Sometimes my imagination runs wild.  Heck, it gallops wildly. 

This is a necklace that I've actually had few occasion to wear.  It's such a pretty piece that I got for my birthday a few years ago with matching earrings.  (Along with a mug that lovingly compared friends to bras.  I'll have to share it with you another day.)  You can't tell really well in this picture, but it's a light silver color.  I felt like it was the perfect piece to dress up my outfit today.

Like I said, I love everything nautical.  And I love, love God.  So this was a really neat design I found in Pinterest that combined two of my loves.  (Though my love between them is incomparable.) 
I think nothing goes better together with the blue and white nautical colors than red.  It's such a nice contrast and seems to make everything flow together.  These are actually a few of the colors and themes that are serving a inspiration for a clothing line that my cousin and I are working on.  I might talk about it a little later, but it's still in the early stages of planning.  But here, you all get a sneak peek of a few things that inspire me, andinspire my clothes. 

What are things that inspire YOU?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment