Labels

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Sister's Tree


We had such a fun time the other night helping Sister decorate her Christmas tree.  Three generations coming together to celebrate such a wonderful season.  I had to make myself slow down and take a step back.  I noticed I'd had the tree up and started putting ribbon on it before anyone else had gotten there.  I get a little excited and on a roll when it comes to decorating.  They made it in time though and Mama helped wrapping the ribbon around the tree.  



It was a lot of fun.  We had Christmas music playing in the background, pine tree scented candle burning and decorations spread out everywhere.  It was so peaceful.  We used a combination of mine and Grandmother's ornaments.  The fun thing about Grandma's ornaments are that each one has a story, or she made some of them.  Mom and Grandma would go to craft shows, buy a prototype of something they liked then have Grandpa make it for them to put the finishing paint and decorating touches on.  I come from a family of crafters.





The finishing touch on the tree.  Sister putting on the last ornament.

Anyone else remember how delicious this ribbon candy is?  I've actually never had it this big before.  I just remember at my church growing up, around Christmas time they would pass out bags of candy to all the little kids.  Bags full of the mini ribbon and pillow candies.  All bright yellows, oranges, reds, pinks and greens.  Much like this:

I could eat it all day...or until my teeth were so covered in the candy that I couldn't open my mouth any more to chew.  

  What are some of your favorite Christmas memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment